Dr. Loui Olivas Hispanic Business Students Association (HBSA) Endowed Book Scholarship
Hispanic students applying for this book scholarship must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students.
Applicants must have served as an active member of HBSA for at least one semester. Active is defined as
attending at least one-half of general HBSA meetings, activities, or events.
Applicants must self-identify as Hispanic according to the definition described in the ASU admissions form.
Students who are given an award may apply the next academic year, with priority given to first-time
Applicants must have completed 24 credit hours at ASU and must have a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0.
5:00 pm on January 15, 2018 to Dr. Loui Olivas via PDF to: Olivas@asu.edu
Arizona Community Foundation Scholarship
High school seniors and college students are eligible to complete one application and are automatically matched with every one of the Arizona Community Foundation’s 90 scholarship opportunities for which they qualify. The application opens annually in January, with most awards given by May of each year.
The deadline for each scholarship varies.
ASU SPARKS Scholarship
Up to $2500
- Must be an alumni or participant of Access ASU signature programs including the Access ASU Mentor Network, ASU Earn to Learn, American Dream Academy, Barrett Summer Scholars, Collegiate Scholars Academy, Future Sun Devil Families, Future Sun Devil Experience, Hispanic Mother Daughter Program, and SPARKS.
- Must be available for interview on the ASU Tempe campus.
- Must have a strong desire to help Arizona students prepare for college.
- Must have a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0.
- Completion of 30 credit hours per academic year towards undergraduate degree.
- Uphold a high standard of principles when representing Access-ASU on and off campus.
- Expected to perform responsibilities outlined above for a full academic year.
- Must complete projects and reports as assigned.
- Must have FAFSA in progress with ASU Student Financial Aid Office.
Hispanic Business Alumni Endowment
- Must be a full-time student enrolled at ASU
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be an Arizona resident
- Selected scholars are required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of community service per academic year. Selected scholars are required to attend and volunteer at ASU-HBA fundraising events and/or approved functions. Selected scholars will be notified of events, dates, and locations.
February 15, 2016
Wells Fargo Transborder Chicana/o and Latina/o Studies Research Scholarship
- ASU undergraduate student
- Junior or senior academic level (having 56 or more credit hours completed)
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
- Must select a research topic relating directly to Mexican, Chicana/o and/or Latina/o populations
- Must select an STS faculty or an affiliated faculty who will supervise research.
- Degree-seeking graduate student at Arizona State University
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Must be engaged in transborder and/or transnational Latina/o and/or Chicana/o research; directly supporting the mission of the School of Transborder Studies
- Must be working with an STS faculty or affiliate faculty
October 12th, 2017 at 5pm